Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Cannot Recommend


Fan Fiction. Simply because I don’t read it. I have no interest in adding to the immortal words of Jane Austen. And by extension I cannot recommend the mini series Lost in Austen, even though I watched it to see if it had any merit. My problems with this series are thus:

1. Pin your hair up woman! Everyone else is doing it, you just look like a ninny.

                          Austen 1


2. Darcy and his Very Square Jaw.

                                 Austen 2

Again with the square jaws. Booo.


3. She messed everything up. Everything. I won’t go into details but seriously, if this were to really happen everything would be ruined. It should be retitled “Post Modern Woman’s Ridiculous Fantasy of Living in Pride and Prejudice Where Only She has a Happy Ending”.

                  Austen 3

She even literally asks Darcy to dunk himself in his pond so she can live the dream.


On the plus side
1. The sisters are all more interesting and relatable characters. Even Lydia isn’t as annoying as she usually is.
2. Hugh Bonneville plays Mr. Bennett. But even he couldn’t save this tripe from belonging in the gutter.

Have you seen it? Am I wrong? Tell me in the comments or leave a post on the event wall.

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment