Monday, January 9, 2012

Cinematic Sense and Sensibility


Believe it or not, there are more versions than just the one with Emma Thompson. That one just happens to be the best. So let’s start there.

Sense and Sensibility (1995)
                

Bonus: Music from Little Women in the trailer!


Sense and Sensibility (2008) comes in second. It’s really good and moves a bit faster than the 1995 version.
                    

Bonus: Cousin Matthew is Edward Ferrars!


I Have Found It (Kandukondain Kandukondain) In case you can’t read that original title, that’s because it’s the Tamil (South Indian) version of Sense and Sensibility. With the ever lovely Aishwarya Rai playing the Marianne character. I haven’t seen this one though I found it at my local library. But it’s Indian so I must include it.

                    Sense and Sensibility 1

Bonus: Peacock feathers!


Prada to Nada (2011) This one is cute and fun. I’ll let the trailer speak for itself.
                     

There is another version (another mini series from 1981) but I haven’t seen it. Actually I think I saw part of it when I snuck into a Jane Austen class in college that I hadn’t been able to formally take. But all they were doing that day was watching this version and I found it boring and left again.

Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment