Friday, January 13, 2012

Cinematic Persuasion


We all know this is my favorite story. And I only have 2 versions to share with you. But today, unlike most days, I have no obvious bias, because I love them both. Each version is wonderful for different reasons. They are as follows:

Persuasion (2007) This is the first version I was able to watch. And then I watched it with my roommate Ashten almost every day. It’s very sweet, Captain Wentworth is very swoonworthy (we nicknamed him demi-god) and it’s fairly accurate when it comes to the story. The ending is a bit awkward (if you’ve seen it then you know) but still wonderful. Go watch it. Now. Even if you’re reading one of the other books.

                 

Persuasion (1995) I was able to watch this one just a couple of months ago for the first time and completely fell in love with it. Each character is portrayed to perfection. It’s a lovely, lovely movie. Watch this one too.
                  



Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment